Sunday, December 2, 2007

Super Saturday

It certainly was. I mean, when you actually hear yourself say out loud "what a great day that was" you really have to stop and appreciate it.

I guess it actually started Friday evening when I took Zoe to the Dr's office for a follow up on her ear infection. Not only was the ear all clear, but the Dr. confirmed that Zoe is, in fact, in the middle of teething. In a big way. All four front uppers are coming in at once! (My efficient girl!) So, the fuss, the drool, the wishy-washy eating and sleeping have some root cause ;) Thank goodness. The Dr. also felt the urge to express what a bright little baby we have. As if we didn't already know! ;) but it's always SO nice to hear it from someone who 1) isn't prone to compliments and 2) doesn't have to say it in the first place.

So, Zoe and I went home in a great mood - really, she was too - almost as if she felt the 'fluff' from the good news at the Dr's! And she woke in an equally great mood Saturday morning. Isn't that nice? I mean, it just really sets the tone for the whole morning when your little one rises happy. Not that we don't have happy mornings when she gets up crying, but when she's so excited to see you and can't stop telling you about all her fascinating dreams and her toes and about that thing above her head that holds the wipes, the cheer is just contagious. So, a bit later, after her morning nap, Dave and I packed bug up in some cute winter wear and went off in search of our Xmas tree. The first and cheaper lot was a no-go, but Zoe could tell we were up to something interesting:


And the plot only seemed to thicken when we got to the second lot and located a great noble:


She was a bit tired when we got home, though and looked a little road worn, but oh so cute with her little 'hat head':


We tried her for a nap while we scrambled to get the tree up, but she knew that whatever was going on was *way* too good to miss out on. So, part way through the ornaments, Zoe came out to help me:



Oh? and did I mention that we got our first snow literally as we got the tree in the house? Big snow. HUGE flakes. All to greet the season, I guess.

You know, I always thought it was really corny when I'd hear people say how children and their smiles at all the joy and wonder are the heart of the holiday season and I'm not exactly saying that...yet. But I will say that Dave and Zoe and I had a great day together yesterday doing these traditional things as a family. It was the best time I've had trimming a tree in a very long time...

No comments: