Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What I like (love) about you

I won't go into the ugly details of it, but Zo was a very sick little girl last night. (She's on the mend now.) I was holding off posting this until I could upload some pix to go with my comments, but since I'm feeling extra lovey about her now, I wanted to get this up....

So I'm going to copy-cat my darling sis-in-law, Amy, and drum up my own accounting of the things that make me cherish being Zoe's mom. Warning: this is likely to be super-sweet and sentimental and non-moms may not relate, but Zoe's growing so fast that I have to get these things down before they fade from memory!

* Her laugh. Zoe has a fantastic sense of humor and when she laughs it literally comes from her toes.

* I love how she throws her tiny little arms up around her huge baby head when she's in a giggle fit or getting tickled.

* I ache with love just thinking about her round cheeks and the softness of her chin. It brings me back to some sweet times in the nursing chair.

* I love how she wiggles her feet and toes when she's content or really interested in something. It reminds me of the ankle stretches my mom used to do before aerobic dancing.

* I love being the recipient of her mealtime lectures. She's so adamant and expressive. What a captivating 'speaker'!

* I cherish the look she gives us when we arrive to pick her up from daycare. It's as if she's been 'working' busily for hours and appreciates the happy end to her day.

* I will never forget how joyful it feels to carry Zoe in my arms on the walk to the car as she giggles and cheers at the site of her daddy walking behind us.

* I love love love how much Zoe loves her daddy.

* I love how she pats herself on the chest when she coughs and then cracks her cute little grin as if to say, "Ah. That's better."

* I love her march-like crawl. That girl moves like she means business sometimes!

* It's so fun to see her peeking into rooms as she approaches a doorway, displaying a little of her nosiness she's inherited from me!

* I love how she sort of shivers into a slouch after you pull off her clothes - as if she's a little shy to be naked.

* I simply adore her Kewpie doll grin. Who told her to make that quintessentially baby expression?

* Those post-bath curls!!

* It's fantastic to frantically hurry into a quiet room only to find her absorbed in her books.

* I melt when she touches my hair and nuzzles in to my kisses on her cheeks and eyes and mouth as I hold her in the dark, just before putting her down to sleep at night.

* I love that she's my daughter. I am so immensely proud of her and can't believe the great fortune I have in being able to call her mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that Zoƫ's mom is My daughter:)