Saturday, April 19, 2008

Itsy bitsy spider

So, taking a break from packing and letting Dave catch a break by taking a shower, I was hanging with bug while she was hitting her groove with her toys. I don't recall what prompted it, but I began to sing 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' to her as she was patting her palms against the sliding door (wanting out, despite the SNOW, I'm sure). She stopped mid-strike, gave me a sideways glance and swiftly crawled over to her shelf of books. From it she plucked her book "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" from which I've sung to her its new take on the old favorite. Utterly inspired (I swear that I'd only sung that book to her maybe 3-4 random times over the past YEAR), I broke right into the finger-dance that goes with the song. Zoe, ever my little mirror lately, immediately started doing the same - a bit like this:





AWESOME.

No comments: