Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Little swimmer

Sunday, we finally pulled our acts together enough to get over to the Shoreline pool and give Zoe her first shot at the water.


Ready for my dip!

It went great!

I was determined to get there early so that the pool would be somewhat calm for Zoe's first exposure. It seems to have paid off. While Dave was changing into his suit, Zoe and I sat out on the pool deck and watched the few other swimmers already in the water. She was captivated by the huge pool and by the little boy in it with the beach ball. She was definitely interested. So, Dave climbed in to show her that we were going to be part of the fun. Still interested. So, I handed her off and Z & her daddy took their first dip together.


Sussing out the situation

I won't say there wasn't any apprehension, because there was - she hasn't held on to us that tightly maybe ever! - but the interest and awe prevailed.


Hrmmm....


As long as Dave kept moving and didn't get to close to me on the sidelines (taking pix, of course!), she wouldn't fuss and throw her arms out for me to hold her.


You! In the water! Now!

After a bit, I climbed in and joined them. Strangely, Zoe was looking to me to be her rock, a privilege usually reserved for her daddy. However, he was the one to put her in the pool...

All in all, dunks and all (twice!), she did great. I'm so glad we didn't wait a moment longer to get her started. Swimming as a family was a LOT of fun.

No comments: