Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hey! I did it!/Happy Father's Day

It seems Dave's girls managed to DO some things tonight to commemorate Father's Day.

Eavesdropping on Zoe and her Daddy during their bath time routine this evening I heard this: "Hey! I did it!" As in, I went poopy in the potty, Daddy! Awesome! Zoe's been slowly making strides towards recognizing when she needs to go the bathroom and a willingness to go potty on the potty. I don't know if you'd call it a power-struggle, per se, but she's shown a specific reluctance towards this right of passage lately, so it's a pretty big deal that she's not only volunteering to go to the potty, but also succeeding and cheering when she gets there.

And in the same vein, I did something tonight, too. I cooked dinner! Those of you who really know me say "Gasp!". Yes! I figured since Dave's such a great dad that I owed him at least that much. So, with a bit of reluctance (I hate cooking, therefore it hates me - and the other way around, I'm sure), and a bit of assistance (BIG thanks to Zoe H, Glenna and Danika for your input and encouragement!) I think I pulled off a pretty good meal. Rosemary Pesto-encrusted Rack of Lamb and Cauliflower Potato casserole. (We'd have had a green veggie but Dave used the asparagus last night. Oh well, cauliflower counts in my book!) Anyhoo, here's the grub in all it's glory:




Dave's caption on this scene: "If it bleeds, she feeds"

And lest she be left out, Maggie added to the milestone markers by doing a pretty darned good job of sitting a little less-assisted. She will still basically crumple over if left to her own power, but as you can see, it was more or less a 'no hands!' situ this evening:



I hope it was a happy Father's Day, Dave. You're a pretty fantastic dad and I'm proud that you belong to us.

Love,

Les, Zo and Mags

No comments: