Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Damn, it's hot

Maggie, Zoe and I have been sharing a lot lately - a love of girls' outings, daddy, conjunctivitis and the flu. After Zoe woke up this morning with encrusted eyes and snottiness, I decided to keep her home with me so as not to share the fun with her pals at daycare.

And, if you hadn't heard, Seattle hit record highs (103, beating the '94 record of 100) without a cloud in the sky. (Though this was nothing compared to the 107 temp the grandparents saw in Vancouver!)

Talk about perfect storms.

So, the girls and I clung to the fleeting cool of our lower-level playroom/family room, while I tried to actually report for work remotely.

I hate heat. I hate and kind of get freaked out by extreme weather (I do believe strongly in global warming and am not convinced this kind of freak weather isn't related). So I am really ready for this crap to end (they are predicting a 'break' with only high 90s tomorrow). I'm also very ready to feel better, sleep through the night (as much as Maggie will let me) and see my girls clear-eyed.

On a much lighter note, the heat and snot-induced nakedness around here served up a little opportunity for cuteness.

Enjoy, and man, stay cool.

When the temp gauge reads this...


...you do this:



and this? ;)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! Hope that you all are getting healthy and staying cool! You should head over this way to cool off and enjoy some more Seattle-like weather....

David Alonzo said...

It was still 82 in the house this morning...

sigh