Sunday, January 31, 2010

up and at 'em

Since Maggie and I are up and at 'em rather early today (she seems to be taking a hiatus from sleeping through the night; we were up at 1:30 and then again at 5:00), I figured I'd stop to document the fact that the little miss has at last figured out how to get herself into sitting position!

Friday, I went in to collect her from a nap and found her sitting in her crib, so I knew she'd managed to figure it out, but it was a little later before I got to see her in action. The process is pretty cute:


Down for the count


Getting the knees assembled


And the arms


taking her seat


and a bow :)

And, she's quite the little mimic. For instance, she's made some good near misses with putting shapes into their appropriate slots, being so good at "monkey see, monkey do". Along with this, she's taken to being much more communicative, especially at the dinner table. We have pretty much agreed that her first word will be credited as "more" - simultaneously spoken (mah!) and signed a few weeks ago. And more recently she's been all about the bananas (again, both signed and spoken). Does anyone know the sign for avocado?

Now if only those two top front teeth I'd have sworn were arriving for Christmas would make their debut, we'll really be making strides! ;)

No comments: