Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Big changes for the big girl

We were starting to notice that our considerably tall (for a 3.75 year old) Zoe was taking up more and more room in her toddler bed, so I became inspired to finally put into action my plans for her big-big-girl room.

I’d already been batting around paint combinations and furniture configurations for months, so it was easy for me to quickly launch into action – especially when I located the bunk beds of my childhood dreams on Craigslist. I already had my Friday off, supposedly to weed, but after about an hour I was so excited with the prospect of some non-white walls in our house (only 2.5 years after moving in!) that I dropped my garden gloves and ran to the hardware store.

It was a lot of work – we have TALL ceilings! – but SO worth the joy of Zoe’s pleasure with her new digs.

IMG_6062 IMG_6064 IMG_6065

The (pre-paint) unveiling

IMG_6067

Zoe up on top

IMG_6071

First slumber party guest?

IMG_6079 IMG_6080

And a peak into our future…sigh ;)

I can’t wait to get going on Maggie’s big-girl room!

No comments: