Thursday, September 27, 2012

School girls

Zoe is a kindergartner.

Zo ready to go!
Maggie is a preschooler.
Baby's not a baby anymore!

Holy moly!

Both girls were *ready* for school to officially start up (Maggie gave it a trial run over the summer at "school camp" at the Center) and I have to say I was one proud mama. These girls are growing up so fast that I have to regularly remind myself that they are still really only babies.


unsolicited affection

more



So how'd the big day go?

Zoe didn't flinch an inch. She SO loves school (and really, is ready for more than K, but we're letting things unfold in a natural progression...) and it's really great to see her find her place there. She quickly made new friends and aced the bus ride mid-day from morning K @ Syre to the Center for K+. Atta girl, Zoe!

love it
Maggie flinched a bit, but overall did great. She was completely unfazed by summer school because she always started and ended her days with her big sis (and sometimes had mid-day rendezvous!). I'm so glad she got the "soft start", but it has been a bit of a transition for her in these first few weeks. Mornings she's a bit, let's say, snuggly. But her teachers assure me she is "a kick in the pants" and I always find her engrossed in great play with at least a few friends each day when I go to collect her. She's gonna be more than fine.

indeed
We're all having some "firsts" these days: Daddy started his job at the Clipper in July and the girls and I have had some adjustment to his not being around in the morning to see us all off on our days. But, routines come easily in our house (well, for 3 of the 4 of us they do...) and I'm nearly certain that we'll all settle in to our new stations, still smiling, soon.

No comments: