Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Extreme Zoe


So chatty. So busy. And SO yurpy!! She's beyond technicolor! she's gone to plaid!

Perhaps it's because it's so dang hot? Perhaps it has something to do with the two front bottom teeth buds we've been eying for the past week? But wouldn't that be an odd reaction for an otherwise mellow baby? I mean, I'm personally downright lethargic!

Whatever it is, Zoe is on high. Man. Not only is she chatting up a storm and flirting her pants off, but I can barely keep up with her. She's so busy! How can a 6 month old who can't crawl or walk be hard to keep up with you ask? Let's just say that it seems like her little limbs are warming up for a marathon. That and I'm already on my second outfit of the day after having been hit with the yurp erupting from 'Mt. Zo-suvius'. This time it was accompanied by an actual splash as it hit the floor (thankfully just millimeters from the carpet - good aim, bug!). I guess that's better than down the cleavage where it landed earlier this morning.

With the temps expected to near 100 today, this is obviously going to be a sticky day.

In the very least, however, I've got good company working from home today. Her shrieks and chatter make the tedium of my year-end self evaluation a little less painful. (We run on a 7/1-6/30 fiscal calendar, so I'm supposed to be reporting on all the amazing and ground-breaking work I've accomplished in the past 12 months. Of course all I can think about reporting is the fact that I was pregnant and had a baby, but somehow I don't think that'll quite earn me the raves and kudos I know that deserves.)

Ok, I'm headed back to the grind while bug gets some work done in 'the office'. It's so great to be at the point where I don't feel guilty about putting her down to play. She actually gets frustrated now when we hold her for too long - preferring the company of her monkey keychain and butterfly toys or 'dino' and 'turtle'. We're still fun to hang with, but perhaps a little farther down her list of favorite distractions. ;)

No comments: