Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New shoes

New skills behoove new 'toys'.

Zoe's new shoes arrived today. What a treat that was for us both! I love new shoes and give myself too few opportunities to enjoy them (hold your tongue, Dave!), so I'm enjoying them vicariously through Zoe ;)

She was very interested in how these new shoes went on differently from all the little Robeez moccasins she's worn her entire life (can you imagine?) and was *very* cute stomping around in them today:



But, these new shoes were obviously WAY too cool to just be worn on the feet. Their velcro straps WAY too enticing to not pull. Their soft leather WAY too smooth to not fondle. Thus:



She then proceeded to march around the playroom HOLDING her new shoes.



Sigh. Argh. Now, I had my own (embarrassing) shoe issues as a child (mom - hold your tongue!), so it's just desserts, I know, for me to have a child with the same thing. But gah! We bought those shoes for WEARING!!

Eventually, though, she spent about as much time working on putting her shoes back on as she did taking them off and carrying them.



And I'm happy to report that I had to remove her shoes when changing her into her PJs this evening. Phew. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too cute...and that's all I'm gonna say on the matter! (Nana)