Monday, November 3, 2008

6 month bump update

I now feel officially pregnant.

* I have "popped";
* I am wearing maternity clothing almost exclusively (save those much-loved stretchy items that never dropped out of my wardrobe after my last pregnancy);
* and I feel big. (I found myself gazing at pix of myself from last year...when I was enjoying breast-feeding-induced sveltness)

But, some surprising benefits have come to my notice lately, tempering any disgruntled feelings I could admit to having: my skin's been GREAT - crazy-great, actually - and my hair is really curly and full. And all my hair has nearly halted growing altogether! Thank goodness! I can't really reach my legs, anyways ;)

I go in for my first OB appointment next Thursday (I'll let you know if the date for the C gets scheduled then, as promised), so no new news on the health front, but I think I'm still symptom-free with regards to HELLP. Yay for that.

So, for now, I'm just getting reacquainted with the waddling and moving around like a snail. Getting up off the floor (amazing how much time you spend on the floor with a toddler around) and getting THINGS up off the floor (I am SO clumsy!!) are becoming an ever-increasing challenge.

I say "oh well" because another nice thing I've noticed this time around: time is FLYING BY!

Obligatory bump pic:


Question: does anyone have a cute nickname for a second child still in utero? "#2" just seems, well, crass. And I certainly don't want to be caught saying "that one" about either of my kids right now (hey, first McCain slam here, and it's almost over. I've been VERY good) - suggestions are welcome ;)

2 comments:

auntie irene said...

hi les....its auntie irene...you look like you are doing great...love reading your blog...have an idea for a nickname "bumpkins" take care,,,

Marissa said...

Before my niece was born, we took to calling her "Experiment #1." The plan was to call #2 "Revision."