Friday, December 5, 2008

7 month update, sort of

I haven't had a midwife appointment recently so it doesn't feel like I really have much to report at 28 weeks (as of 11/26), but I have come to notice a few note-worth things in the past few weeks:

* This baby is busy, and predictably so. I get lots of 'visits' all day long, but the 9-10pm hour is apparently PARTY time in my womb! why else would baby be boogying so? Crazy. Every night at about that time you'll find me on the couch with shirt and feet up, watching the show.

* This baby has some serious hiccups. Zoe used to drive me to distraction with her seemingly incessant hiccups all day long. Her sib's got them too - less persistently though, but certainly stronger. The little tell-tale rap-tap-tap is more like thump-bump-bump with this one!

* Cankles, cankles. I've been told that I look "compact" and "roly poly" (it was a compliment) and like I'm carrying a basketball. Is that all to say that I'm 'all baby'? My cankles and thighs wouldn't quite agree, but thanks - it's nice to hear such things ;)

* The "sisters". They keep growing. I've got quite the little crumb trap between 'em and am certain I could hold at least a Sharpie pen beneath 'em.

* Ask and I shall receive. Since complaining out loud that both my children have favored the upper right side of my womb, this little one has obliged by spreading the pokey joy. I swear I could feel kicks on the top of my left thigh while sitting at my desk the other day!

* Forget me not. My memory is the PITS! If I don't do or say something as soon as I think it, it's as good as forgotten. Notes are helpful...when I remember to write them. I caused a co-worker to spit out her coffee the other day when I was explaining that I've had all of 5-6 months of clarity since becoming pregnant with Zoe, because it seems that breastfeeding hormones mess with (my) memory, as well. So, if I forget your name or owe you a thank you card, don't figure I'll remember it until sometime in spring 2010. Reminders welcome!

* All cravings aside. I still love red meat and cheese, that certainly hasn't gone away, but I'd be more apt to say that I'm just enjoying FOOD right now... just at that point where I am running out of room for it. I guess that's just as well - this way I get to eat more often! ;)

* Am I really already and only 7 months along? I could swear I feel bigger than that, but that I'm already here is a blurring reality, to say the least.

The bump:


(yes, the turkey's done)

Oh! And I should mention that the C has officially been scheduled for 11:30 on 2/12/09. So, assuming this little one doesn't want to make an early appearance, we'll be seeing them, then. I'll admit that it's REALLY odd knowing when to expect this baby, even for this 'calendar' girl, but alas, some things aren't best left to chance...

No comments: