Wednesday, December 10, 2008

If...then...

We're noticing that Zoe is now understanding the laws of give and take.

Let the negotiations begin!!

Last night, we managed to get her to understand that if she ate one bite of hamburger, she'd get the bun she was cranking (crying, hankering, cranking) for. (FYI: She's the one who insists on separate and not equal ingredients.)


Partaking of some post-park cheese

Today, while I was working from home, she was crying at my side to sit on my lap and look at pictures of babies and kids on the computer. So, I relented, explaining that she could look at a few pix while seated on my lap, but then after, she'd have to view the pix on her own. She was game.


Zoe manning the slideshow


Then, icing on the cake, when I told her she was all done, she got up and went off to play.

She's been getting abstract ideas like 'other' and 'that one' and 'over there' for quite a while, but this kind of cause and effect was new. HOW HANDY!!

Oh! and while we were viewing pix together, I was able to get her to change gears a bit and look at 'tiny Zoe baby pictures' (she seems to prefer pix where she can recognize herself and others a bit more) and I rediscovered some gems, like this:



Awwww. Man, I can't wait to get my hands on our new little one!

No comments: