Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last Wednesday

For the past three and a half years I've been staying at home Wednesdays with the baby - whichever girl was the baby at the time :) - while plugging in to work. I've done this to capture some extra mommy moments from the girls' fleeting babyhood, to give the girls a break from the grind of daycare and to give the home front a mid-week push.

But, while Wednesdays have been priceless to me as a mom, they have honestly been, more often than not, the more stressful day of my week. There's only so much of me to go around at once and I've finally come to the point where I'm not so sure I'm doing anyone any good by staying at home. To quote myself: No one's getting my best. It's time to move forward.

So, Zoe starts school tomorrow and today was Maggie's last (scheduled) Wednesday (hey! I'm not saying I'll never do it again, now and again!). It's all just more big-girl things for us St. Alonzo girls.

Some pix to bring the tears when I look at this page from my office next Wednesday ;)

IMG_5767 IMG_5770

IMG_5776

IMG_5786 IMG_5796

No comments: