Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Did you say 'Milk'??

We may have made a huge breakthrough today: I think Zoe made a very deliberate attempt to sign 'Milk'!!!!

She forewent a nap this morning for some play time and after a bit started to fuss, so I took her to our usual feeding spot. She ate a bit, but got increasingly fussy. For lack of any other great ideas, I decided to change her diaper. Although she wasn't terribly wet, she did seem happy and relieved. She then proceeded to raise her arm and make what I can only take to mean the sign for 'milk'!! (It looks like this: )

She's NEVER done any deliberate hand-squeezing that I've seen and since I've been pretty good at making the sign before, during and after feeding, I feel pretty confident that she has, in fact, demonstrated that she learned the sign! Awesome!

So, we finished up the diaper change (which looks like this: ) and headed for a less fussy feed .

Go, Zoe!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

WOW!! That is awesome! Quite a breakthrough :) and so early too! I don't think Nick signed back to us until close to a year (well, ok, he was a bit later than some of his friends, but still!). Congrats mom and dad!