Wednesday, August 22, 2007

We have tooth!?



Yup. I think finally, after a good week or so of a bit more fuss, a bit more HUNGRY, a bit more not hungry, a bit more sleepy, a bit more not sleepy and a whole lot of happy-sad Zoe, we may have broken through with a tooth! We'd noticed a bit more swelling in her bottom front gums and Dave spotted a bit of redness earlier this week. And, well, my nipples have been sore! But tonight, I think I finally feel the tell-tale ridgy-ness of a newly emerged tooth! Are we old enough for this? I don't think so!

Add to that the fact that I swear Zoe's put on like a good pound of length and strength in the past week; her chub, though still present, is perhaps a bit more distributed. So, you might have a sense of how things have been around here in recent days. All told though, I think we're doing quite well with it. Zoe certainly is. She's still really her ever-happy self - always ready with the smile, but there have definitely been more moments of fuss. Who can blame her? Oral pain is the worst.

The up(?) and downside of the timing is that while I had her all to myself yesterday and today and poor Dave will have her all to himself tomorrow (daycare's on vacation this week and we're getting the house painted), at least she's not breaking through 3000 feet up in the air en route to the east coast where we'll be in just over a week. Of course, there's always front bottom tooth #2 to consider...(and somewhere, Dave's shaking his head at my jinxing us once again ;))

2 comments:

David Alonzo said...

I hope we fly to the east coast higher than 3000 feet!!!!! I don't think there is a need to 'fly under the radar' in a 747.

Leslie said...

Doh! ok, whatever! you know what I mean! sheesh!