Wednesday, August 15, 2007

the good and the not so good

So the good thing is that Zoe has continued to hone her sleeping skills, sans swaddling. Phew. We'd been worrying about her getting too warm during the heat spells and wondering what we'd do when she finally outgrows everything that will actually keep her swaddled. And, with her new-found freedoms come, well, new freedoms! Freedom to, as Dave alluded in his comment on my last post, spin around like one of the Three Stooges! Now, every time we go in to check on her, it's a feat of finding her little head in the dark. On which end will it be? will her legs be chilly to the touch because the blanket was cast aside? will the darned pacifier be under the crib again? So you can imagine how excited she's been lately.

Which leads to the not so good. Come evening time Zoe's having more fun nowadays, so we're getting less sleep. Or not. I don't know. I guess her activity level is up in general, so we're just really tired.

But then back to the good: with Zoe's freedom to explore (and exercise) in her crib, she seems to have come to terms with...wait for it...tummy time!!! She was practically rolling across the floor today, grabbing for toys, checking out her digs. Of course I won't tell her she's not on her back - why spoil the fun?



That's a 12-18 month onesie, by the way. It's admittedly a little big, but I just can't snap the old ones anymore. Such a little weed that baby is. Oh, and check out the cute Baby Legs! I wish I'd gotten them earlier in the summer so I could justify getting her more! Hmmm...They are supposed to grow with the baby...



Anyhoo, the final word on Zoe's development is well, her words! or what I can only imagine she means to suggest as words. She is downright chatty now - doing a great job of stringing sounds together like "Bab ab babbbaaab". But even more exciting is the fact that she and I actually volleyed today! She repeated my babbling! That was a conversation I'm sure I'll remember forever :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoƫ! You're getting to be such a big girl! Already doing new things since Nana last saw you! That's good...you keep Mom and Dad on their toes:) Love you

Chris and Erin said...

Wait a minute, are those leg warmers? :)