Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I know, I know...

...it's been a while since I've posted to the blog. And I'll have to admit that the camera has a bit of dust on it, too. I guess we've been kind of caught up with life lately. Last weekend, we honed in on a house that seemed to offer lots of potential....and lots of work. It was on a *beautiful* lot and had pretty good space (though a tiny master bath!) but needed extensive updating (read: 2K sq ft of popcorn ceiling needing to be covered, 2K sq ft of carpet to pull and hardwoods to install, a huge need of a new kitchen and a whole host of other fixes and updates). That, and it's just terrible timing with our agent being on vacation this week and coming back to town only on Friday...when we leave for NE. So, after seeing it twice, we decided that it wasn't quite enough to stir us into a scramble to get an offer in. If it isn't still available when we get back, we won't be heartbroken. I'm breathing a little easier already ;)

On the Zoe front, she sure is growing up fast. Right after I made the last post, her second tooth popped. Poor baby! No wonder she's been a bit out of sorts. But, I'd say hats off to her, she handled it like a pro. It's amazing how increased mobility and teeth sprouts make for a more mature persona! I swear she's losing bits of baby-ness every second! Sob!

Last night we edged into a nice new routine: feeding Zoe rice cereal (and eventually a more exciting menu) while Dave cooks dinner. Usually, when Dave cooks, Zo and I either go for a walk or I do my best to distract her through the witching hour (when there simply isn't enough distraction to be found). This entails lots of roaming the yard and house, lots of tummy time and kitty watching. Last night, she was very specifically hungry (ie, she was signing 'milk' a lot), so we plopped her down and fed her some rice cereal. This was great because up until now, she's only been a half-hearted solids eater. No more! She was literally gaping her mouth to be fed and grabbing the spoon from me. Now that's my girl!!

It was also great because this helped us to have a somewhat more peaceful meal and made it easier for Dave to keep her happy while I did the dishes. I guess what I'm saying here is that our routine is maturing right along with Zo. And it's lovely!

So, if you haven't caught on yet, Dave, bug and I are heading to New England this Friday. Off to my old stomping grounds in NH where we'll have quick (there's never enough time!) visits with friends and family, then up to ME to meet my new nephew, Timothy (and to catch up with Nicholas, Greg & Amy). While I'm dreading the ungodly wake up call (our ride to the airport will pick us up @ 4:30am!), and keeping Zoe contained for 7+ hours of flights, I'm very much looking forward to getting out of Seattle and seeing loved ones. I've already got a pretty detailed list of survival gear for the trip (ie, extra bottles, extra diapers, extra clothes - for all of us, baby carrier, etc), but welcome suggestions from you veteran traveling parents out there!

So, I think we can safely say that the posting drought will last a bit longer while we are in the land of LOBSTAH!, but I do plan on posting all the fun traveling pix as soon as I can upon our return.

Until then, Xs and Os from D, L & Z.

Some cute photos to tide you over (maybe Dave can take some when he's home with bug on Wednesday and upload 'em here... ;)



And a few more from Wednesday morning :):

No comments: