Monday, October 6, 2008

All by myself



Lately, we've come to see a bit more exertion from Zoe on the maturity and independence front. While at times it can be heartbreaking, really it's pretty exciting.

For instance, today, while unloading groceries into the fridge, Zoe started to assist me. Without any prompting from me, she started grabbing things out of the bags and putting them up into the fridge for me to put away. SWEET. Once the bags were empty, she promptly put them outside of the kitchen where they go to be brought down to the car, just as she's seen me do it a thousand times before.

She's also starting to pay attention to questions like "can you please hand mommy the box for your books?" - she's doing a great job of executing! I'm constantly amazed at what she knows, like being able to locate the various foods in her food play set when I name them for her. And if she's feeling particularly cooperative, she'll name them back for me :)

Along those same lines, she's also becoming a whiz at puzzles. For ages she'd just dump the pieces on the floor (still a favorite past time) but now, she'll actually sit with you and put the pieces 'where they live'. I love watching her little eyes look at the piece and then dart to find where it goes. Sometimes it takes a suggestion from us as to where it belongs, but many times she just gets it on her own.



And while she can't yet quite seem to manage getting all of her toes in, she's working really hard to put on shoes and socks. Some day soon, I bet she'll put one leg in each pant leg at a time ;)

No comments: