Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Big Day

Yesterday, historically, was pretty big, all around.

I mean, the stock markets closed after a record-breaking single day yo-yo, er rise. I had a great check-in with my midwives (more on that below) and Zoe! Zoe had a banner day!

SHE POOPED AND PEED IN THE POTTY!!

Awesome.

It was at the tail end (heeh) of her dinner, just after Dave headed out for poker. She started making the tell-tale grunts and I asked her if she had to poop. Of course her instant reply was "No.", but after the next grunt I asked if she needed to go potty. She concurred.

So off we went. I didn't figure we'd meet with success, but after a few minutes on the potty with a few favorite books in hand (the flap books, Auntie Amy!), lo and behold, there was poop and pee in that potty!!

I was more excited than she was and did my best to show it too much. I wanted her to know that it was a big deal, but didn't want to freak her out. Really, I think I'm fairly honest in saying that she handled it with aplomb. She had a pleased look on her face and was TOTALLY interested in what appeared in her potty and was very happy to do the flushing after I dumped it in the toilet. Seems that the borrr-ing 'Poop' books and my dumping her diaper poops in the potty had her prepared for how it all should go.

Now, I'm not saying that she is now officially potty trained. This really is only a very good lead in the right direction. And I know to anticipate some regression when baby #2 arrives, but I'd just been thinking to myself that we'd kind of dropped the ball on this front with recent busy-ness and had decided to try again in earnest to clue in to her cues. If we can get a bit farther down the path with this, come February perhaps any regression with this won't be so hard-hitting or long-lasting. We shall see.

In other kidlet news, as mentioned earlier, I had my 22-week check-in yesterday. My growth (weight and fundal) are right on the curve, my blood pressure was fantastically low (105/54!) and the baby's heart rate was right on target (145 bpm). So no sign of any dreaded pre-eclamptic issues and I'm happy for that. Next visit is at 26 weeks when I get to meet my OB. Hopefully I'll still be pre-eclampsia-issue free and they will continue to leave me in the care of my midwives. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Yay! Congrats to Zoe! Very exciting stuff :) It's sure fun to watch her (and the new one) grow!