Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Taking Nana & Pepere by storm

On the last weekend of their visit, Greg, Amy, Zoe and I went down to Nana and Pepere's house. The boys had been down there since Wednesday and it was about time Zoe joined the party.

Chris and Erin came, as well, fulfilling the rare opportunity for Nana and Pepere to have all the kids (and the kids' kids) at their house.



It was exciting, to say the least ;)



The kids had a fantastic time tearing it up - literally. Cars and pianos and balls and lots and books made it a scene to remember. It actually felt like an early Christmas.


Yes, it looked this way pretty much the whole time :)


Fun (?) at the crack of dawn

Zoe, for her part, finally showed a bit of some sibling-type rivalry. It may have been the pro-longed visit with the boys, or the close proximity at the house, but Zoe was getting a little jealous of her cousins when it came down to sharing her Nana and Pepere with them.

Me? She could care less if *I* was carrying Tim or talking with Nick, but as soon as her Nana focused any real attention on one of the boys, Zoe was quick to put herself in the picture.



Her territoriality extended to toys, too and while on the whole, she was good about handing off or laying off toys the boys had interest in, she got a bunch of instruction on just how that sharing idea works. Overall, I'd say she pretty well got the point.



It was a great time had by all, I think. In my youth, I was never one to be able to envision the future, ie, my husband, my job, etc. and I really never pictured our family dynamics shaping up this way so it's nice to see that it all came together so nicely.

No comments: