Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Half-way mark (now w/ tummy shot)

5 months down, 5 to go!

And I'm feeling pretty good :)

We had our third ultrasound yesterday (the first two were less happily anticipated, so this was fun the whole way through) and all looks good. Bebe is a doing great and the doc overseeing the ultrasound said that everything's shaping up beautifully and right on track: size, shape, and parts all check out fine.

Make sure you get my good side


And the technician offered another possible bit of clarity on my first trimester issues. She experienced almost identically what I experienced in one of her pregnancies, so while I'd already pretty much entirely moved on from the worry about it, it was good to get another perspective on all of it.

Can't I get a little sleep?


I've been happily groping my tummy lately, feeling the flutters of beginning movement for quite a while now - since Labor Day weekend (@ about 15 weeks). 'They' say that non-new moms tend to feel the movement earlier because we know what to feel for, but it's only been in the past week or so that I've been actually able to feel the kicks by touch. I love this part :)

Hold your horses... I'm still cookin'


I love, too, my cravings this go-around: red meat and cheese. I'm actually ordering *steaks* when I'm out for dinner (NEVER did I EVER do THAT before!) and I'm giving in to the quesadilla calling at least once a week. Dave certainly likes these a whole lot better than the cravings I had last time (red sauce, fruit, ice cream and more red sauce!) since it means I'm shopping at the butcher counter a bit more ;) Hmmm....I think it's time for my cheese and crackers snack right now. ;)

Otherwise, things are good. I'm on a healthy growth curve (heeh) and although none of my pants will zip up all the way, let alone button, I'm not quite into maternity wear yet. But, the belly band has come in handy in these awkward weeks (I'm not a fan of the mid-drift look, especially at work!) and I do spend most of my non-public hours in cumfy stretchy pants and skirts. Gotta love the cotton/lycra mix! I'm not as active as I'd like but I'm giving up the care. Life's too short, as is this pregnancy, for me to fixate on how I feel about my thighs!

Ok, I am going to count to ten. One....


So far, too, the pre-eclamptic issues seem to be held at bay. My blood pressure has been good and I don't have any liver pains (although I've had a side ache for a while since my waist started changing shape). Over the next few months, I'll be under the watchful eyes of both my midwife and OB teams, so I think we'll be OK.

This month will be a test, though, of my relatively great energy levels though as we've already got a full calendar ahead of us, including a jaunt for me to Phoenix (joy). I'm hoping I don't swell up on that flight like I did on my flight to Houston during Zoe's pregnancy. That's when I lost the ability to wear all but like two pairs of my shoes!!

5 month tummy shot:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking....does the baby have my nose, it seems he/she has my nose:)

Cute baby!!!Thanks for the updates, I've been looking forward to seeing these. Everything looks just great! We can't wait to meet our new little grandchild. Nana